Xinja is building Australia’s first 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a bank with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.Developing the first neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
At Xinja, our purpose is to empower people with their money. To do this, the Xinja experience across all touchpoints, and specifically the Xinja App, must alleviate people’s feelings of fear, anxiety, uncertainty, pain, rejection, and inadequacy, and raise their feelings of hope, pleasure, confidence, and social belonging. We understand that great software isn’t just beautiful and useful – it can create positive behavior change while being so intuitive that it feels like second nature. Achieving these attributes is an important part of our design mentality and process, and UX research and design is core to how we deliver our brand promise to our customers.
We need a cracking hands-on Test Manager to help us extend our automation testing as we continue to scale at pace. We’re looking for someone who can own the test strategy and quality assurance function to build out the automation test environment.
You’ll report to the Project Director and manage a team of Xinja Testers to achieve an efficient testing team to support our environment. You will work with delivery partners to deliver quality projects for Xinja.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. We have an open mind, we listen, you can be flexible in your thinking. This opportunity could see you be part of designing and executing an automation strategy to revolutionise the banking industry. You should be comfortable speaking up, and driving what you believe is the best possible strategy and team leadership.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules:
No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
Everything is in the cloud.
We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Advise and shape the test automation strategy pushing tools and processes
- Provide end to end testing requirements
- Provide daily/weekly reporting
- Support and manage the testing team
- Manage the pipeline of projects and ensure that testing delivery is on target
- Continually look at agility and speed to deliver value as we scale
- Work with delivery partners to delivery quality projects
You should apply if you:
- Are excited by the role of “testing a bank”
- Have previously set-up a test automation environment
- Enjoy a hands-on and strategy focused role
- Are excited about managing and empowering teams
- Have Financial Services industry experience
- Know banking regulatory requirements
- Have strong business analysis skills & excellent communication skills
- Are a self-aware team builder & collaborator who is skilled at coaching others.
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience working:
- With digital banking innovation and mobile applications
- In a V-model
- At a start-up
- In Agile / Scrum / Lean UX / SDLC / Waterfall projects
- With translating concepts into Customer Journeys, Blueprints, Scopes, Epics, Features and User Stories
- In regulated, technology driven and fast moving industries
- With complexity, volatility, uncertainty & ambiguity
- With managing relationships, including those with customers, delivery partners and internal stakeholders.