Xinja is building Australia’s first 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a bank with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Developing the first neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
As a Solution Architect, you will strive to continually improve the customer experience with the best application, integration and data architecture to deliver the Xinja neo banking platform.
Xinja is a start-up, therefore any role can be very broad and you need to be happy and willing to work in a variety of disciplines and should expect to get stuck in and lead by example – this is a hands-on role!
To be successful in this strategic role you must have a development background and have a broad and pragmatic knowledge of architectures and systems gained in world class digital environments across: mobile, web, payments, core banking, big data, analytics & AI, content management, CRM, originations, security & identity management and experience management.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rule
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
- Supporting the Head of Architecture and CTO in defining software technology vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Displaying a broad knowledge of current industry trends and developments.
- Displaying the highest level of critical thinking in order to weigh alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with the business strategy.
- Demonstrating creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the Xinja customers and stakeholders.
- Providing continuously evolving architectural designs to support fast-paced agile development teams.
- Presenting system architecture and software solutions to technical and business audiences including executive management.
- Consulting with customer experience leads, product owners and technical partners to understand goals and priorities.
- Bring architecture best practices to the table to influence, consult and drive architectural direction.
- Understanding and experience with lean architecture principles.
- Facilitating communication within and across teams and ensuring stakeholders are kept updated.
- Communicating the solution approaches to project teams and other stakeholders.
- Reviewing, analysing and evaluating market requirements, business requirements and project briefs to design the most appropriate end-to-end technology solutions.
- Translating customer journeys into solution design along with integration approach.
- Reviewing functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
- Identify and facilitate the removal of impediments.
- Displaying ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial work environment.
Likely Experience and Skills
- Accredited Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Business.
- Proven experience of architecting solutions in a digital banking context..
- A background as a programmer in a variety of programming languages and environments.
- Successfully participated in large scale software architecture efforts.
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Deep understanding of cloud & SAAS technologies, including containerisation and auto scaling platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A pragmatic and strategic approach to architecture and software delivery.
- Strong consulting expertise and stakeholder management.
- To stay ahead, you must be constantly updating your knowledge, engaging with the wider community (e.g. conferences, meetups and other relevant communities).