Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now…. let’s talk about you:
We need a cracking marketing manager to manage a range of channels, activity and communications from acquisition through to customer comms and experience, to grow our customer base and nurture the customer community. We’re looking for someone with at least 4 years experience in digital marketing and comms. The Marketing Manager reports into the Chief Marketing Officer.
You will have familiarity and knowledge of digital marketing related areas such as SEO, digital advertising (including all performance channels – social media, display, programmatic, SEM) & website. You’ll be familiar with marketing automation and customer communications programmes delivered through digital channels. You’ll also be familiar with brand & acquisition campaign planning and happy to be a great brand guardian and cop. Furthermore, our brand is our culture, and so you will be happy and keen to get involved in helping shape the employee experience as much as the customer experience and helping to build the brand from the inside out.
You will be experienced at managing suppliers and freelancers and will have contacts already in the marketing industry. You will be digitally savvy and happy to suggest or learn new tools to get work done.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. Our marketing strategy is focused on our customer experience (product) being our main message and our customers being our key acquisition channel so you’ll work very closely with the design team (for the app and product) and the customer service team to deliver the optimum customer experience. We don’t tend to use agencies but have a very agile approach to marketing and comms, where we ideate as we go – based on the audiences, strategy, brand and content pillars – and execute (often internally) quickly. So you should be comfortable getting involved in any part of the creative/comms process, coming up with an idea in the morning and executing it by tea time!
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules
- No dickheads… however good they may be. No dress code. No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary bonus. No one gets a bonus if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending, if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead…please see rule 1
Day to day, you’ll:
- Work with the CMO, CX & Data Marketing Manager to develop strategies and plans across customer communications & acquisition
- Manage acquisition campaigns, including creative planning and resource, overseeing results projections and measurement, supplier management and overall implementation and evaluation.
- Devise and manage the content for customer communications across all channels, including copywriting, and working with the CX & Data Marketing Manager on the overall contact strategy.
- Work with the CMO and Content & Community Manager to develop content strategies and plans and help drive major content initiatives such as podcast series
- Work with the CMO & Content & Community Manager on influencer and brand ambassador strategy and programmes, and be prepared to step in to help manage day to day PR.
- Plan, oversee and help manage customer events from meet-ups to usability testing to ideation to the AGM, working with the UX designers, Content & Community Manager and other team members.
- Oversee social media management with the Content & Community manager and ensure social media policies and processes are adhered to.
- Be prepared to help with direction and management of print production, merchandise or other non digital brand collateral.
You should apply if:
- You’re excited by the idea of building a new bank designed in its customers’ interests
- You’ve got great attention to detail
- You’re a quick learner & a self-starter who enjoys working with a team
- You’re prepared to go the extra mile (this is a start-up!)
It’s a bonus but not required if you have:
- PR experience
- Financial services experience
Changing banking for good:
At Xinja, we are building a bank with our customers, and therefore customer communications and interactions are at the centre of what we do – hence the importance of this role. Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we.
We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here