Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now….let’s talk about you:
We need a great marketing all rounder to support the marketing and comms team across all areas to help drive excellent customer experience and communications, support the customer community, assist with acquisition drives and build the brand.
We are looking for someone with at least 1-2 years experience in a marketing role, or who has worked at a company for a similar amount of time in a different role but was across marketing and is keen to move into this area and develop their skills. We would also consider graduates with proven internship experience.
You’ll report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and work closely as supports for the Marketing & Community Lead, and the CX & Data Marketing Manager across all areas of what we do.
As to specific attributes and skills:
- Digital native – you need to be interested in social media and different social media channels and active in them – similarly you need to have an enthusiasm for apps
- Communication – you need to be a strong communicator and keen to work in a community role talking with customers online and in person
- Tech – you need to be comfortable around technology and interested in it and happy to pick up and learn new tools – familiarity with any of wordpress, mailchimp, google analytics, facebook business manager would be useful but not essential
- Fintech – you need to be interested in the growing fintech industry, the role of neobanks and Xinja’s purpose
- Graphic design & video – you need to have a good sense of the aesthetic and be able to cut graphics at a basic level for content and video shooting & editing skills are a plus – as is a desire/willingness to learn and do more video production
- Data & analysis – we do not require data analysis skills for this role however we are a data driven company, developing data driven communications thru various channels, and there is an opportunity to learn and develop a lot in this area – an interest in analysing and understanding success is key
This is a broad role and we do not expect candidates to have experience in every area or against every skill set. However, we are looking for people who take the initiative to learn and self-teach to acquire more skills and proficiency.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. Our marketing strategy is focused on our customer experience (product) being our main message and our customers being our key acquisition channel. We don’t tend to use agencies that much but we do use some good ones and we have lots of great suppliers, so handling them is a part of every marketing role.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Day to day you’ll:
- Support the community – work with Content & Community manager on social media management & some content creation, help with events, manage the ordering and artwork for merchandise
- Channel & asset management – update websites and content networks like youtube to get all our content distributed properly and make sure we are efficient in storing, accessing, providing and distributing assets – assisting with email & marketing automation management
- Research, reporting, processes & monitoring – conducting market & customer research, making sure we monitor Xinja’s profiles and keep a record – managing the approvals process for all work – running standard reports for measurement & evaluation
- Acquisition campaigns – supporting the team with creative campaign creation and execution including supplier liaison and report collation
- Work with the CMO on PR – liaising with PR agency, helping get releases out, organising and researching speaking events & awards, helping write presentations & awards entries, working with ambassadors
You should apply if:
- You’re excited by the idea of building a new bank designed in its customers’ interests
- You’re interested in how technology can transform customer experience
- You’re not fazed by the level of rigour needed around risk and compliance because we are a bank (this can be frustrating for a marketer)
- You’re results driven – interested in achieving targets and monitoring how effective your communications are being
- You’ve got good attention to detail
- You’re a quick learner & a self-starter who enjoys working with a team
- You’re keen to learn about all areas of marketing/comms (to find out where you best fit!)
- You’re prepared to go the extra mile (this is a start-up!)
It’s a bonus but not required if you have:
- An interest in new economy companies, fintech and related trends like blockchain or AI
- Experience in a startup
Changing banking for good:
At Xinja, we believe in embedding the brand in every customer experience, and therefore marketing is core to what we do. Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we.
We believe it’s time Australians had a ccess to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here