Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now…let’s talk about you:
We need a cracking Financial Crimes Analyst to help us to protect our customers as we continue to scale at pace. We’re looking for someone with 5 years of experience working in a financial crime / payment fraud monitoring role. You’ll report directly to Xinja’s Director of Payments and play a role in protecting our customers from the bad guys.
You’ll need to be comfortable working with ambiguity, be analytical and customer focused, able to work both independently and collaboratively with people across all areas of Xinja, as well as with key external stakeholders (other banks, schemes and regulatory bodies) to ensure that our customers are safe, and that Xinja meets its obligations to the Payments Industry.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. You will be expected to take responsibility for positive customer outcomes, to be empowered to make decisions, and expected to work collaboratively as part of the wider team. So you should be comfortable analysing problems, making decisions, and acting accordingly.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules.
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Setup and manage transaction monitoring, including creating and refining rules
- Investigate any exceptions (including customer interactions) to determine whether the exception is genuine
- Liaise with industry partners (Card Scheme, AusPayNet, other banks)
- Apply your knowledge of regulatory and scheme obligations, and use that knowledge to optimise our financial crimes operations
- Work with your fellow Xinja’s and our partners to deliver core business requirements
- Bring to the business innovative ideas (technology, processes, partnerships from the wider Fintech industry) to deliver a better product/experience for our customers.
You should apply if you:
- Have a wide understanding of the Australian and global financial crimes / payment fraud ecosystem from a business, technology, operational, and competitive perspective
- Have experience with existing fraud monitoring solutions
- Have a deep understanding of digital payments
- Have the ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Possess structured analytical and advanced problem-solving abilities
- Have 5 years + in financial crimes
- You’re excited by the prospect of building a new bank
- You care about people and want to make sure that genuine customers get the best experience possible
- You’re a quick learner and thrive when there’s ambiguity
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience working:
- At a startup
- In a customer facing role
- With machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence technologies, particularly as used for transaction monitoring
- In agile ways
Changing banking for good:
At Xinja, we believe in embedding the brand in every customer experience, and therefore marketing is core to what we do. Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff and trust them with significant responsibility but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here