Xinja is building Australia’s first 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a bank with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Developing the first neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
As Xinja’s Customer Engagement Manager this role has responsibility for our human touch with our customers through the channels Chat, Voice, email and Video As such it is responsible for the governance of all these customer communication channels
This role also owns and shapes Xinja’s relationships with its customers by ensuring a consistent and high quality customer experience across all products, business units and service teams.
The delivery of consistent, efficient, compliant processes including the execution and ownership of the customer complaint management system. This role will be closely linked to the Heads of Mortgages and Deposits and we expect a high degree of collaboration and cooperation.
This role is the absolute ambassador of customer service and the benchmark talisman for Service brilliance.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rule
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
- Responsible for the customer support team Xinjarati and with the with the objective that Xinja provides a superior customer experience to further growth. The people support team has to be at a standard that amazes in delivery
- Recruit an outstanding engagement team
- constantly lead the digitisation and improvement of all customer service processes
- Lead the Customer Engagement strategy
- Define the systems required to enable the outstanding service standards
- Strengthen Xinja’s culture and demonstrate the 10 golden rules at all times.
Likely Experience and Skills
- Superior Communication Skills
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented with proven leadership qualities to mobilise a team
- Ability to create and maintain business relationships both internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a well developed knowledge of financial markets and ability to communicate that knowledge effectively
- Have a strong understanding of all appropriate policies, procedures and processes that impact work activities across all three lines of business and customer service centres.
- Thorough knowledge of retail banking, lending procedures, regulations and compliance issues;
- Have an in-depth knowledge of business products and Xinjas’ value proposition;
- Foster the delivery and adoption of new technologies
- Research business opportunities and viable income streams
- Work with technical and operations team to meet customer needs
- Will be self-aware, a team builder, collaborator and skilled at developing/coaching others
- Ability to meet deadlines, make independent decisions and utilise sound judgement;
- Report sales results to Xinja’s Executive Team and CEO speaking to successes and areas that require improvement; and
- Demonstrate professionalism, courage and trustworthiness
- Be a productive member of the Xinja Management Team
- Ability to interact with regulators
- Customer Engagement Coach
- Xinjarati team Members
- Banking operations team
- Head of Deposits
- Head of Lending
- Head of Payments and Fraud
- Director Strategy and Innovation