Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now….let’s talk about you:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person with a Finance/Treasury/Accounting background to help build out the treasury capabilities as we scale our business. You will have a strong understanding and experience in liquidity management/reporting and have exposure to funding and regulatory capital.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. As a start-up, this is a broad role – covering operational, strategic and compliance elements so you need to be comfortable with and interested in all these areas. You will have worked in or around treasury functions and are comfortable managing a range of tasks and be ready for hands-on work in a start-up environment to build out systems and processes. The individual will need to be a self-starter and grasp business dynamics quickly to incorporate into forecasting liquidity and capital requirements.
You’ll report directly to the Treasurer and play a key role in monitoring liquidity and funding requirements and assisting the Treasurer in preparing funding requests, presentations and ALCO reporting. Financial modelling of the business is a key part of the role to provide input into funding, liquidity and capital requirements. You will also have the opportunity to be exposed to broader treasury activities.
You’ll work with the Treasurer and Finance team to ensure Xinja complies with all regulatory requirements for liquidity and capital and undertake forecasting activities against business plans.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules.
- No dickheads… however good they may be. No dress code (but sometimes you need to look smart :-). No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead…please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Be responsible for monitoring liquidity and capital positions daily in conjunction with the Finance Team.
- Run business modelling to forecast funding, liquidity and capital needs whilst adapting to changes in the business and external drivers.
- Undertake stress testing of capital and liquidity for reporting to ALCO and senior management.
- Conduct dealing activities with banks for deposit/investment placements.
- Assist the Treasurer with funding requests and ongoing relationship management with funding partners.
- Update key policies to reflect business and regulatory changes.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with regulatory liquidity and capital requirements.
- Develop modelling of deposit activity and behaviours in conjunction with product owners.
You should apply if you:
- Are excited by the prospect of building a new kind of bank
- Want a role covering a range of treasury activities including liquidity management, funding, forecasting, modelling and dealing.
- Have experience in the financial services sector with knowledge of APRA reporting and strong technical ability.
- Have experience working in a banking environment with a strong understanding of treasury principles and liquidity management.
- Are willing to be part of the build-out of a treasury function and make an impact on the business with insight and challenge.
- Are keen to understand the bank’s business front to back by putting in the time with Xinja team members and looking to where you can add value.
- Enjoy working in a small team and collaborating with your peers in different functions across the business.
- Are known for your attention to detail and strong communication skills.
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience:
- At a startup
- With experience with mortgage funding and structuring
- Working in agile ways
Changing banking for good:
Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]