Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now….let’s talk about you:
We need a crack Payment Operations Analyst to help us to ensure that payments flow in and out of Xinja efficiently. We’re looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented, fast-learner – ideally with some experience in a payments back office. You’ll report directly to Director of Payments and play a role in delivering exceptional service to our customers.
You’ll need to be someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets things done. You will love the challenge of setting up our back office payment operations from scratch. You will love technology and the opportunity that it provides to deliver fantastic outcomes for customers.
You’ll work with our Product and Customer Service teams, as well as interacting with other Banks and industry players to make sure that payments are processed for our customers.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. You will be empowered to make a difference and be challenged every day. So you should be comfortable with ambiguity and taking ownership.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules.
- No dickheads… however good they may be. No dress code (but sometimes you need to look smart :-). No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead…please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Manage the payment exceptions queue, ensuring any customer issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaise with other Australian banks and Financial Institutions
- Liaise with payment schemes (Mastercard, Visa) to manage any transaction disputes on our customers’ behalf
- Continuously improve processes through automation
- Report on the operation of all processes
You should apply if you:
- Are excited by the prospect of building a new bank
- Have a customer-centric mindset and will act with their interests and experience at the centre of your work
- Are good at building strong working relationships with your peers from different functional disciplines
- Are a quick learner and thrive when there’s ambiguity
- Design and iterate processes
- Are a problem solver and can apply structured analysis techniques to problems
- (Ideally) have experience in a back office operational role, especially payment
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience working:
- At a startup
- In a customer-facing role
- In process engineering experience (e.g. Lean 6 Sigma)
- With process automation technologies
Changing banking for good:
Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]