Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now….let’s talk about you:
We’re looking for an experienced Payments Analyst / Service Delivery Analyst, with experience establishing a Scheme Debit business, specifically back office capabilities.
You’ll report directly to Director of Payments and play a role defining and implementing the operating model required to bring a brand new Payments business to market. Initially, that will focus on Scheme Debit.
You’ll need to be work independently, deal with ambiguity and change, think analytically, maintain a laser-like focus on the customer, and communicate your ideas clearly.
You’ll work with Product, Operations, Technology and Risk colleagues, as well as Schemes and external technology partners to deliver operational excellence for our Payments business.
We need a team of crack Payments Analysts to help us to define and implement our Payments business as we continue to scale at pace.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. This is a great opportunity to set things up from scratch, avoiding the legacy constraints you’ve seen elsewhere. Your ideas will be listened to. So you should be comfortable analysing problems, making decisions and acting accordingly.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules.
- No dickheads… however good they may be. No dress code (but sometimes you need to look smart :-). No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead…please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Define and support the build out of the business operating model for Scheme Debit, including designing processes for disputes, chargebacks, reconciliation, reporting and vendor governance
- Work with internal stakeholders and our partners to deliver core business requirements for supporting payments via NPP
- Assist the business to develop an International payments capability, delivering an amazing customer experience.
- Execute, measure and continuously refine business processes using automation technology.
- Bring to the business new, amazing innovations and partnerships from the Fintech Industry
- Implement your brilliant ideas on time and budget
You should apply if you:
- Are excited by the prospect of building a new bank
- Have a customer-centric mindset and will act with their interests and experience at the centre of your work.
- Are a quick learner and thrive when there’s ambiguity
- Have 5+ years experience in the Payments Industry, Scheme Debit and / or NPP experience
- Have experience designing efficient and human-centred business processes
- Have strong analytical skills
- Are good at building strong working relationships with your peers from different functional disciplines
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience working:
- At a startup
- With Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
- In agile ways and/or using design thinking
Changing banking for good:
Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]