Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences
Now….let’s talk about you:
We need a rockstar as our International Payments Lead to help us to build an amazing capability that delights our customers as we scale at pace. We’re looking for a cross-border payments expert with experience with the latest fintech players in this space, and knowledge of the regulatory and compliance framework.
You’ll report directly to Director of Payments and play a role in building our cross-border payments capability, supporting both inbound and outbound flows.
You’ll need to be comfortable working with ambiguity, be able to work individually and collaboratively as part of a broader team, be able to think analytically and communicate your ideas clearly.
You’ll work with Product, Customer Service, Risk and Compliance, vendors and regulators to build a scalable, profitable international payments capability.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. You will be expected to take responsibility for positive customer outcomes, empowered to make decisions, and expected to work collaboratively as part of the wider team. So you need to be comfortable with that!
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules.
- No dickheads… however good they may be. No dress code (but sometimes you need to look smart :-). No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead…please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Define and build our cross-border payment capability
- Work with our customers to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Liaise with our partners (vendors) to deliver innovative new capabilities
- Look for opportunities to grow cross-border payment volumes
- Engage with regulators to ensure we meet our obligations
You should apply if you:
- Are excited by the prospect of building a new bank
- Have a customer-centric mindset and will act with their interests and experience at the centre of your work
- Are a quick learner and thrive when there’s ambiguity
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in cross-border payments, especially with the new bread of fintech providers
- Love applying technology to benefit customers
- Know the current regulatory and compliance framework around cross-border payments
- Are a strong problem solver
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience working:
- At a startup
- In agile ways and/or using design thinking
Changing banking for good:
Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]