Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now….let’s talk about you:
We’re looking for an energetic person with banking reporting experience to lead the financial accounting for Xinja. The individual would come from a similar type of role in another bank or from the profession having experience in auditing banks. Experience with APRA reporting will be highly regarded and or a background in the mortgage/home lending industry.
You’ll report directly to Chief Financial Officer and be ready for hands-on involvement in the full range of finance activities including exposure to treasury operations. You will be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment, in a flat organisation structure, working closely with senior management and the board.
You should know that we do things a little differently at Xinja. As a start-up, you have the opportunity to make a tangible impact on how we operate at Xinja. So, you should be comfortable questioning and challenging how we do things – or are planning to – and be willing to research and make recommendations on improvements.
You’ll need to be a flexible kind of person who is able to think outside the box and adapt to our changing business. The kind person this role will suit is someone who is relationship oriented and able to work well with their peers from across all the different parts of the business to ensure the quality of reporting.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules.
- No dickheads… however good they may be. No dress code (but sometimes you need to look smart :-). No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead…please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Produce financial and management reporting to deliver relevant, compliant and timely financial information.
- Prepare reports for APRA and the board, as well as financial insights to the various teams throughout Xinja.
- Support the month-end process, including the review of balance sheet reconciliations and cash flow reporting.
- Prepare year-end statutory financial statements and liaison with auditors.
- Review and provide month-end P&L commentary on variances to budget/forecast.
- Provide cover for the Financial Accountant.
- Contribute to a continuous improvement culture across processes and controls.
- Liaise with advisers for preparation of tax returns.
You should apply if you:
- Are excited by the prospect of building a new kind of bank and learning more about its operations
- Are CA/CPA qualified or equivalent with strong technical skills.
- Have experience in the financial services sector with knowledge of APRA reporting and strong technical ability.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills to be able to work well with your peers across Xinja.
- Have experience working on projects.
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience:
- At a startup
- With bank liquidity and capital requirements
- Working in agile ways
Changing banking for good:
Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]