Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now….let’s talk about you:
We’re looking for a special kind of Executive Assistant to come join us to support our CEO, Eric. Xinja is a rapidly growing business – we are building a bank from scratch (very ambitious goal!) and already serving customers. It’s a bit like building a spaceship that’s in hyperdrive! So it’s fair to say that things are, and need to move quickly which means we really (really, really!) need someone who is super organised, switched on, with high levels of initiative and the ability to improvise. Ideally, you will come from a financial or professional services background, and speak Mandarin but don’t let that stop you from applying if that’s not you.
In addition to Eric, you will also work with his Chief of Staff, Pia. We intend to be a tight little crack team focussed on supporting Eric with the execution of Xinja’s top strategic priorities. Therefore, it’s going to be important that you like both of us (we are very likeable!) and that you are the kind of person who is happy to pitch in to get the job done, whatever the job might be!
You may have already picked this up reading the role description but we do things a little differently at Xinja. Xinja is a non-hierarchical, fast-moving environment, with lots of ambiguity, uncertainty but the upside of that is that it comes with a lot of opportunities. This role will suit you if you enjoy working in this kind of environment, are a resilient person, and comfortable taking the initiative to deliver great outcomes. While we are different to many other corporates in our industry, we still expect the highest levels of professionalism from our people and as a values-based organisation, it’s important that these resonate with you as well.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules.
- No dickheads… however good they may be. No dress code (but sometimes you need to look smart :-). No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead…please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Act as a point of contact between Eric, the business and external stakeholders
- Manage the email, phone, and diary for Eric
- Plan and prepare for appointments and events
- Assist in the efficient management of Eric’s business networks
- Assist with the preparation of reports for both internal and external consumption
- Make travel arrangements
- Assist with the prompt response to staff, customer, shareholder and stakeholder needs and questions
- Facilitate internal communication
- Suggest more efficient ways to run our office and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Any other tasks required to make Eric’s day more efficient and effective (there is room for improvement in this space 🙂 )
You should apply if you:
- Are excited by the prospect of building a new bank
- .You’re a quick learner and thrive when there’s ambiguity
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a PA or EA working for a senior executive
- Have a high degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate concepts to multiple audiences.
- Have experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company and personal information.
- Are super organised with an ability to think proactively and prioritise work
- Are poised and have the ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- Are a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Are a master of influencing people and decisions in situations where no formal reporting structures exist, but achieving the desired outcome is vital
- Have a high level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Open to travelling internationally occasionally
It’s a bonus but not required if you:
- Come from a technology, professional or financial services background
- Have worked at a StartUp
- Speak Mandarin
Changing banking for good:
Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]