Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
Now…. let’s talk about you:
We’re looking for an exceptionally personable and well presented corporate concierge with consistent dependability; a professional with the maturity to be able to think on their feet, who can perform under pressure and remain level-headed; ideally with a minimum of 3 years’ work experience within a Receptionist or Front Office role. The role will liaise directly with internal stakeholders, external contractors and wider teams to establish relationships and support the business.
You’ll report to the Executive Assistant to the CEO and perform the role of Corporate Concierge.
You’ll need to be motivated with your own initiative; possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal with exceptional attention to detail; you’ll have high energy and the flexibility to assist team members/stakeholders/clients at anytime and enjoy talking with people both via phone and face to face. You’ll enjoy problem solving and have robust computer skills with a minimum of intermediate level in Google Suite products.
You will help us add value to the lives of our Xinjas by offering corporate concierge services during their working hours as we continue to scale at pace.
Xinja’s offices are in the Sydney CBD but we support flexible working.
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rule
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Coordinate the logistics of client / stakeholder meetings. This will include
preparing the meeting rooms to ensure they are set up appropriately,
catering is provided and audio-visual equipment is in working order. You
will also keep the client lounges tidy and presentable at all times;
- Manage office supplies such as stationery, equipment and furniture,
maintaining food supplies and keep stocked up at all times;
- Maintain office services as required (such as cleaners and maintenance
companies, staff drycleaning, fridges stocked up for staff after-hours
meals/drinks, and maintaining the first aid kit);
- Receiving and dispatching deliveries, and assisting with mail as required;
- Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing
visitor badges, where required;
- Welcome/greet visitors to the Xinja office;
- Performing ad-hoc administration duties;
- Assist in the coordination of company events where required.
You should apply if:
- Have strong customer service skills including the ability to show
empathy, anticipate and solve problems in a calm, professional manner;
- If you’re excited by the prospect of building a new bank and supporting
an outstanding team;
- Possess great organisational skills and are an exceptional multitasker;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Care about people and want to make sure that staff/customers/clients
get the best experience possible;
- Are a quick learner and thrive when there’s ambiguity.
It’s a bonus but not required if you have experience working:
- At a start-up;
- In the Hospitality and Tourism industry.
A new frontier:
At Xinja, we believe in embedding the brand in every customer experience, and therefore marketing is core to what we do. Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we.
We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have a inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff, and trust them with significant responsibility, but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here