Xinja is building an Australian, independent 100% digital bank designed entirely for mobile. We are building a business with our customers and designed in their interests. Neobanking will disrupt the existing banking model and create a whole new generation of experiences.
As an Application Support Lead/Manager you will be responsible for managing our core banking platform along with our integrated SaaS applications. This is a foundation role within IT Operations so you will be expected to take a hands on approach now and in the future help grow the team as the organisation grows. As Xinja is a start-up you need to be happy and willing to work in a variety of disciplines and should expect to get stuck in.
To be successful in this role you must have excellent stakeholder management & communication skills, a problem-solving mindset, as well as a customer, focused attitude. We are looking for people who can start running from day one, take ownership of the IT Operations function and bring it to life.
- Provide day to day application support for our SAP core banking platform and integrated SaaS applications
- Working with our vendors & DevOps team to escalate issues
- Managing incidents, problems & changes through Service Now
- Major incident management / situation management
- Vendor management across our panel of SaaS vendors
- Stakeholder management with business application owners
- Drive ITSM/ITIL processes within the organisation
- Identifying recurring problems and implement process and system enhancements to drive continual improvement
- Project & release management of SAP minor enhancements
- Working with project team to ensure operation handover is completed to a high quality
- Documentation of support procedures and knowledge transfer to Service Desk to drive increased level 1 resolution
- Rostered on-call support
Likely Experience and Skills
- Degree in a technology field or alternatively, equivalent experience, training or education is required.
- Proven track record working in a senior Application Support role managing business critical applications
- Experience supporting SaaS applications and retail banking applications
- Experience supporting real-time event driven messaging architectures
- SAP Core Banking/Finance/GL experience highly regarded
- Cloud experience/knowledge
- 8+ years prior experience in a corporate environment
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- A friendly and approachable personality
- Ability to work well under pressure & in a team environment
- Strong logical problem solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- ITIL certified
Our 10 golden rules
To be successful at Xinja you are going to need to be happy working with our 10 golden rules
- No dickheads… However good they may be. No dress code, but sometimes you need to look smart 🙂 . No power trips because of a hierarchy. Intellect, customer experience and implementation is all that matters.
- Everything is in the cloud.
- We use real time data to evaluate our business and we reward staff on a quarterly basis with an entirely discretionary profit share. No one gets a share of the profit if our investors aren’t making money and our customers aren’t happy.
- We are here to make money, that’s why we exist, and we don’t screw people over to do it. We don’t lie to our clients in person or in marketing. We don’t engage in immoral lending; if our grandmother would think it was wrong, then it is. We aim to make lots of money ethically and we are proud of it.
- No one is entitled to work at Xinja. It is a huge honour to represent people’s hopes of a new bank and we earn that honour every day.
- We look after our people bloody well. We stand by them if they are in genuine need.
- We are truthful and direct with each other. Everyone says what they think in a robust, challenging, edgy environment. That means we won’t be the right place for everyone to work, and that’s ok.
- We only hire people better than us. We never, ever settle because we need a body. We do psychometric testing to get the best people, every time.
- About half our team, executive and board will be female, if they aren’t we aren’t recruiting the best people. We actively seek all types of diversity combined with brilliance.
- If you discriminate against someone because of who they love/sleep with, you’re a dickhead… Please see rule 1.
Changing banking for good:
At Xinja, we believe in embedding the brand in every customer experience, and therefore marketing is core to what we do. Developing the best neobank in the country is an exciting and challenging task. Our ethos is based on a win-win with our customers; if they do well, so do we. We believe it’s time Australians had access to the kind of technology that just allows them to get a lot more out of their money, with less angst. We are for profit and for purpose.
We extend that attitude to our people and our partners. We have an inclusive and diverse culture where we look after our staff and trust them with significant responsibility but support them well. This is a great opportunity to be part of building a great company, and a fabulous brand, AND learn heaps along the way.
If you’re up for this:
Please email your CV to [email protected]
And check out the hiring process we go thru here
Download the full job description here